There are times I feel my sons don't listen to me, like I may as well be talking to myself, but this morning my 10 years old amazed me.
Yesterday morning was a disaster getting sons ready for school, didn't want to wake up, do what they needed to get ready for school and we just made it to school on time. A crap way to start my day and their day too. Having me shout at my sons before getting them to school was awful :(
Now to this morning when my 10 years old amazed me. He woke himself up started playing on his phone and then thought "I've got better things to do than this." (his words not mine). He got dressed and not only made his own lunch he made his 7 years old brother's lunch too, got everyone breakfast (I usually skip till getting home after dropping my sons at school), brushed his teeth, combed his hair and the more amazing thing was after doing all this he still had extra time for himself. He has to tell me whats his secret 'cause what he did was amazing :) My 10 years old said to me that it wasn't even Mothers Day and I said it doesn't have to be Mothers Day to do something nice for me, when you feel like being nice then just do it. He even said to me he'd like to do it all the time, and I said "Its nice you like to help but if you became mum I'd become a child and not want to get up in the morning and say I don't wanna get up for school!" I appreciated all my 10 years old son did this morning a fantastic start to my day and his too, but won't take advantage of his moment of kindness 'cause that would be very wrong.
What had my son do this was yesterday when it was a disaster getting ready for school I said "I'd like for you two to do what you can for yourselves and do ask for help if you need it". These words had an impact on him. When I feel I'm not listened to I actually am :)
No comments:
Post a Comment