Hey Mums Out There :) yes getting ready for bed. I have two sons and my 6 year old is good at getting ready for bed and sometimes puts himself to bed too. My 8 year old son is relentless, he's good at getting ready for bed, put on pjs, brush teeth, bedtime story, hugs, nite nites and then lights out, I sing The Dreamcatcher song (my son has problems with nightmares so I use a Dreamcatcher, been using it for many years now) DREAMCATCHER.
Yes my son for many years has never been one to settle well at bedtime, the time when I'm SO TIRED happy to read a story, yawning lots and do Dreamcatcher song to help my sons sleep, my 8 year old doesn't sleep! He comes out wants a drink, something more to eat, talk, try to watch TV anything to avoid getting to sleep. I don't know why but my 8 year old no matter how much energy he uses from dawn to dusk he always has energy at bedtime, a real chatterbox when his Dad's out, but very good when his Dad's home ;) Yes he plays up with Mum ;) Just recently I've been making my 8 year old a hot chocolate before bed and it helps a little, sometimes not always though. I've tried baths with a small amount of Lavender Oil to help relax him but not successful :(
For whatever reason my 8 year old has TOO MUCH ENERGY AT BEDTIME, yes I've looked at his diet but it seems whatever I try he stays awake till very late and he's very active too. Does any Mum Out There have a child like this?
No comments:
Post a Comment